Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FOCR Stuff » In Memory of Judge

Post subject: You will be missed
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Judge was instrumental in all things UT. Always willing to help; always the first to offer. I always thought of him as a lovable idiot. I mean that in the most loving way. Here was a guy that I felt had so much talent, so much insight and kindness. Yet, he couldn't let himself be truly happy. He couldn't see it in himself. Surrounded by a fantastic group of people that enjoyed him so much, yet so lost in his own life. I will never understand why this man couldn't see himself as the wonderful person that the rest of us saw.

To that point, I'm angry. I'm angry that I couldn't help him. I tried. Others did, too. No matter what we tried, he was always so hard on himself. He thought he was a shitty father, son, and boyfriend. He told me so. What he couldn't see was that his perspective was all wrong. He was none of those things; insecure? Maybe. Vices? Perhaps.

To that end, he left a hole in the world bigger than he could've ever imagined. I sincerely hope that he found some happiness before he left the living. The man deserved it, and I want to believe he found it. Unfortunately, I lost touch with him and will never know the truth.

Rest in peace, brother. You were money and you didn't even know it. :super:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: You will be missed
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:15 pm 

It's so sad to hear that he was battling some self-esteem demons. But you're right - Judge was great! Never made you feel inept during (serious) game play. Always credited you with the intangible feats you would do in the game that led to a team cap. I haven't seen nor heard from him in a real long time, and now I have an empty feeling. I sort of feel a little envious that I didn't get to know him as well as you others have.

I didn't know you personally, but I feel richer for having known you as much as I did, Judge. I'm going to miss you and I wish we could have fragged just one more time.

Rest In Peace

:sad:

Profile E-mail  

Board index » FOCR Stuff » In Memory of Judge